Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Why didn't we get to do that?!

Next Friday, I start my first day of work as a full-time teacher. So many emotions, but mostly right now I feel excitement. In a year that many of us wondered if we'd even get a job, I got my dream job. Once upon a time I wanted to start a performing arts program for at-risk youth. This year I will be the first theatre teacher at a school for drop-out prevention and credit recovery.

Today I spent a few hours working on my classroom. While walking through the hallway I noticed an open administrator door, so I stopped by to introduce myself. While chatting with the assistant principal, two former students and graduates stopped by to visit him. I introduced myself to the two young men and told them who I was. They immediately turned to the assistant principal and said, "Hey, why didn't we get to take theatre?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment