Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Give it a chance

I am so incredibly grateful today for how things are going this year.  I went into the office to thank the principal and counselor for giving me separate classes this year.  It's been amazing.  I have a few students that have ended up in Theatre only because that was the class period they had open and they needed a fine arts class.  Thank goodness!  I really owe my supervisor for going to bat for me to help make it happen.

In my 6th period, I have a few students that came to improv last year and then I have a new student that had no idea what theatre was.  Today we did a warm up, then I showed them some Whose Line is it Anyways? and let them decide which improv game they wanted to try.  Next thing I knew, he was totally into it, helping create a scene and going all out.  It was so much fun and so amazing.  By the end of class we had a long list of ideas for projects they want to do.  I was so proud of them.  It's one of the best moments of teaching--watching students step up and get excited about what they are going to do next.


No comments:

Post a Comment