Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Do you think I can make it?

It's been a long time, but I felt inspired to come back thanks to someone I know.  They always read these and don't realize how much their encouragement means to me.  So that brings me to the point of this post.

Having someone believe in you is sometimes all it takes.

I had a conversation with a student the other day.  He was here my first year, had really cleaned up his life, went back to the high school, but found his way back here again.  He got in trouble not too long ago after he made a bad choice to try to fix a bad choice.  Now he's back and really struggling.  The other teachers were talking about him at lunch, really concerned about the direction he was going.  He missed an entire week of testing last week which will delay graduation.  So I sat down next to him in the cafeteria yesterday morning and called him out.  "Do you really think I can make it?"  I asked him what he thought I would do if I didn't think he could make it.  "You'd leave me alone."  Exactly.  And for a moment he knew I believed in him.  I don't know what direction his life will go, but if I can believe in him, maybe he can too.

This post is dedicated to my biggest fan.  Thank you for believing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment